Friday, May 24, 2013

More of the Same and Then My Birthday Came

Well despite all our best efforts Madison spent her first new years in the hospital.  But we were ready to get moving and get home unfortunately fate had a different plan for us and we had a few more hoops to jump through and mountains to climb before home was even in site.

Happy New Year Daddy 




This smile makes even the hardest days better.  In January we finally made it to the Cath Lab to have our ASD fixed witch tuned into a whole todo.  There was some fear that Madison may require open heart surgery in order to close her ASD. In answer to several prayers Dr. Martin was able to close the ASD in the Cath Lab and we began to hope we would see some improvement.  Rhino Virus proved to be a much tougher villain then anyone had ever known every doctor and nurse was beside themselves how can one child get the same cold over and over and over and over ........






Well that's Maddie for you defying every odd even the ones you would rather her ignore.  

Madison's favorite part about January can be summed up in one word ROXY!!!!! 






This sweet little dog volunteer at the hospital and would come to visit Maddie every Thursday.  Roxys Mamma would put her right in Maddies crib and let Madison touch and pet her.  Maddie just loved that little dog coming to visit!!!


 Madison Liked to pet Roxys nose but Roxy is not supposed to lick the children Maddie thought it was a button "look mom I tough it here and the tong comes out"









Madisons greatest accomplishment came in the way of OTPT.  During these long months of waiting Madisons' development continued although she was delayed she was learning to sit and role and even take small bites of food.  The OTPT team at Primary children's worked wonders for our little miracle Madison absolutely loved her Mss Barb and play time (also known as therapy) was her favorite part of everyday.


on January 29th we celebrated Maddies Birthday so that her Daddy could come to the party.  We had cup cakes and a special Maddie sized birthday cake, all of her people came to celebrate one year that should not have happened, one year of amazing miracles and blessings, ups and downs, frustration heartache, love, friendship and one little angel who had already changed us all forever.


Maddie was not so impressed with the idea of cake :(

Miracle Madison
Strength has a funny sound
Faith is an interesting noun
Hope is a word I thought I knew
But that was before I met you
They say that miracles happen
Yet I just couldn't see
That in my lifetime here on earth
So many would happen to me
Every breath, every smile
Every minute and every hour
Miracle follows miracle
As Trial follows trial
I never knew that I could love
As much as I love you
I can't believe you smile
After all you have been through
I've watched you fight
And beat every odd
I've watched you struggle
I can't help but be awed
You are a miracle
in every way
You are a blessing
On everyday
I am thankful for all
You have taught me to be
I am great full for all
You've allowed me to see
Because of you
My life has new purpose
And just for you
I know what miracle is

Happy Birthday Madison Louise Baldwin !!!!!!!!!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment