Friday, May 24, 2013

Christmas In the NICU

Twelve Tanks of nitric
Elevin different Doctors
Ten months and counting
Nine Medications
Eight Stuffed Toys
seven NNPS 
Six Primaries
Five sets of casts
four Boughts of Rhino
Three different Vents
Two hospitals 
Maked for one long NICU Day

Spending christmas in the NICU was not something I was happy about I love everything about Christmas but the most importent part is family.  Every christmas for many years I have spent the priviouse days wraping presents and prepairing the stockings to help santa out.  This year was going to be different, this was not the way I had wanted my sweet angel to spend her first christmas.  However I decided that I was was going to make Madisons First Christmas just as special as possible.  So I decorated her bedspace and played christmas music for the whole month of December.  We had a special visit from Santa and we got all dressed up in our fanciest outfits for family pictures.  Maddie was not half as excited as her mamma but we had fun non-the-less.

December was difficult medically for Madison she continued to get Rhino Virus we did finaly make it to the cathlab were the decision was made to close the ASD.  Mostly we spent December waiting and playing.



Christmas Eve Tony was able to come stay and we spent a lot of time just snuggeling and being a family.  Unfourtunitly I had a problem with getting one of my own medications filled during the Holiday and I was suffering from some withdrals so we had to leave early and Grandma Lynett had to finish our the night for us by reading twas the night before Christmas and opening Maddies new christmas Jamies.

Christmas was a lot of fun even though I felt awful all day Madison had a great time opening all her gifts and playing with her friends.

in the days fallowing christmas Madison  did very well and was able to try her first tastes of food! We were more then a bit excited to get to se her moving forwards again.  such a big girl and with that we entered 2013 ready and excited for the adventures ahead......









No comments:

Post a Comment